NBC News is seeking a Photo Editor for a position at its headquarters in Rockefeller Center New York.
● Select and edit images for inclusion in stories published on digital platforms, create photo galleries, and monitor news agency feeds to identify strongest images for breaking and developing news stories.
● Work with multiple stakeholders and execute assignments from news editors on a wide range of topics for all NBC News platforms
● Assist television producers as they incorporate still photos in video pieces for news programs across NBC cable and broadcast properties
● Curate both editorial and headline photos for inclusion on digital platforms and on cable and broadcast shows
● Maintain and administer a centralized photo database
● Work as a team player across all NBC News platforms
● At least three years as a photo editor at a news organization, or a comparable body of freelance work
● An undergraduate degree, preferably in Journalism, Political Science, or English
● Ability to edit still photography for digital platforms
Additional Job Requirements:
● Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
● Must be willing to work in New York
● Willingness to work flexible days and hours ands under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
● Must have high organizational, and interpersonal skills
● Must have a broad knowledge and curiosity about news, and a keen eye for spotting interesting and newsworthy visual content
● Must have a broad understanding of industry tools and techniques
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.