This Senior Producer position is a part of the MSNBC Weekend team and is responsible for creating, producing and supervising weekend programming.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the supervision of the editorial vision of each day, including suggesting stories and guests for the show
- Oversee the editorial vision of future shows
- Control room supervisor
- Supervise and copy edit all scripts
- Contribute ideas for planning process
- Coach and mentor show staff
- Write and produce segments on occasion
- Discuss day-of correspondent requests with desk
- Work closely with producers on material for digital
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.).
• Must have at least 3 years of control room experience preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules can rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Strong writing and teasing skills
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Strong time management skills
• Up-to-date on periodicals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.