- Work in a creative and collaborative manner with producers to develop editorially sound and dynamic content for distribution throughout the NBC Sports family of networks
- Demonstrate ability to edit b-roll, teases, features, and event turnarounds, and reformatting of shows with direction from the production team or independently with minimal guidance.
- Edit content on an Avid Media Composer / Symphony or other non-linear editor
- Ability to work and deliver elements under tight deadlines.
- Coordinate with graphics and audio department on the delivery of needed elements to complete edit requirements.
- Ensure that the video image and sound quality of edited content is of high broadcast standard
- Act as a poised team player who can handle multiple post production duties that vary daily
Basic Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum five (5) years of experience in non-linear editing on an Avid platform
Must be willing to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply to be considered (note job #: )
Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Experience working in a shared storage Avid/Interplay/MAM environment a plus
Experience working in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Understanding of video and audio measurement scopes
Working knowledge of network broadcast technical specifications
Working knowledge of file transfer protocol environments
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Sports Group:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January 2011, the two companies combined to form NBC Sports Group, which serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of several assets including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Golf Channel, 12 NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio, and NBCSN. NBC Olympics, with more than 90 Emmy Awards for its coverage, is renowned for its unsurpassed, award-winning coverage and at the conclusion of the 2020 Summer Games will have presented a total of 17 Olympic Games and 11 consecutive Games, more than any other U.S. company in both categories. NBCSN, part of the NBC Sports Group, is dedicated to serving passionate sports fans in more than 85 million homes, delivering over 2,400 sporting events annually.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.