Producer, Associate Producer, Directors, Head of Post Production
The Assistant Editor will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Edit suite in support of the Lead Editor.Essential Job Responsibilities:
Creative and Technical:
- Maintain creative integrity of film throughout the production and post production processes
- Responsible for the correct presentation of all materials related to the film, eg story reels, workprints, previews, tape outputs, etc
- Oversee and participate in scratch, production, and ADR dialogue recording sessions
- Cut and/or oversee the cutting of temp SFX and Music for the story reel
- Responsible for creation of all tape and QuickTime outputs from Editorial
- Responsible for the import and editing of OMFs from Production
- Responsible for publishing all cut lists/EDLS and change notes to Production
- Primary point of contact with Technical Directors in production
- Monitor quality standards of all work done at audio houses and other post houses
- Spot final film with Sound Designer and Composer
- Acts as a creative liaison between Directors/Production and sound designer and mixers
- Attend all screenings, studio and preview, and working with Directors to incorporate changes resulting from those screenings
- Attend production meetings when possible
- Deliver an approved cut of the film in the required format to the sound and music departments on the handover date
• Must have intimate knowledge of AVID Media Composer
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating systems is preferred
• Familiarity with Pro Tools for scratch recording is preferred
• Animation editing experience is preferred
• Familiarity with FLIX is useful
• Proficiency with Photoshop is a plus
• Mandarin-speaker preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.