- Produce and write assigned segments.
- Participate in daily planning meetings. Contribute ideas for news programming based on the NBC Connecticut News Strategy.
- Work closely with program’s Executive Producer to determine the composition and flow of the newscast, to select video, to write and copy-edit stories.
- Make certain program elements abide by NBC Owned Television Stations News Guidelines as well as the NBC Connecticut News Strategy.
- Generate daily topicals and show graphics.
- Be present in control room during news program and communicate with producer, director and production personnel.
- Ensure video detail and news rundown is provided to editors. Make certain all video is previewed for accuracy.
- Use social media tools to monitor and report news, find sources and leads for stories.
- Monitor mainstream and social media for story ideas and competitive intelligence.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
At least one year of related work experience including: Direct responsibility for producing a news program and preparing rundowns.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply to be considered
Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
Must be willing to work at the station in West Hartford, CT.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications.
Proficient in iNews.
Four years of related work experience including: Direct responsibility for producing a news program and preparing rundowns.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Strong interpersonal skills
< Has the ability to seek simple solutions to complex problems.
Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
Strong desire to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms
A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies
Strong journalistic skills
Significant experience in the news environment
Experience editing content on a desktop editing system
Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
Understanding of Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit with desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future
Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.