At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Generalist works closely with the Global VFX Supervisor to coordinate with Modeling, Rigging and Production to help ensure that all aspects of the asset creation process come together seamlessly and efficiently.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Generalist to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete detailed builds for props, sets, vehicles and environments including modeling and basic rigging
- Check all asset files for consistency and adhere to pipeline standards such as: naming conventions, node hierarchies, file directory pathing and overall QC
- Using python, help script tools to assist with standardizing modeling workflows
- Review and note production builds created by our Partner Studio(s) to ensure they align with the technical specifications of the series
- Work with CG Artists to final asset builds for Layout and Animation production
- Responsible for detailing the corrections needed in order to ensure models will function properly during episodic animation
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software
- Collaborate with the Leads and Artists in other CG disciplines to help establish processes and pipeline integration
Qualifications/RequirementsUnderstanding of the CG PipelineKnowledge of Maya, V-Ray and PhotoshopScripting ability in PythonFundamental generalist skills for troubleshooting and identifying problems within filesPrior experience working in a fast paced production environment Ability to meet required production deadlinesCreative problem solving and adaptability skillsExcellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
Desired CharacteristicsAt least 3 years of professional experience working within a 3D production pipelineKnowledge of ZBrush is a plusExperience with asset management software, Shotgun preferredBachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.