With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the
success of these projects.
This position is for full-stack web developers to build and maintain internally facing interfaces to our platform and production data using web technologies. The tools will be responsible for the presentation of information to digital artists, project managers and engineering teams.
As a core project there is opportunity to demonstrate your creative skills, working with UI/UX designers to establish and implement the look and feel of the applications.
You will have strong experience developing front-end applications, with an interest in the presentation and visualising of complex problems. You will be comfortable writing back end code to complement the front-end using provided APIs for integration with the platform.
As a lead developer on the team, you will have extended experience beyond software development and also be able to contribute to the following:
- Working with stakeholders to establish requirements
- Overseeing project management and allocation of work to the team
- Reporting to stakeholders and management on projects
- Mentoring other developers on the team
- 5+ years development experience
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Appreciation for the aesthetics of the tools.
- Visualizations using SVG and d3
- CSS / SASS / SCSS
- Application frameworks, particularly React
- Writing front-end code in an MVC pattern
- ECMAScript standards
- Template engines, particularly Jinja
- Development with Python and the standard library
- Experience of web frameworks (e.g. flask)
- A working understanding of HTTP and JSON
- Interest in service-based architectures
- Experience in querying an RDBMS, such as MySQL
- Good Organization and communication skills
- Proven team player
- Familiar with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Disciplined and able to work autonomously
- A keen interest in technology trends
- The candidate should have experience in automated testing and quality assurance of web applications.