Concept Artists at Double Negative create concept artwork to a brief provided by a client or internal VFX Supervisor. You will be developing and adapting ideas on a brief working closely with the VFX Supervisor to present high quality artwork within deadlines. On some shows you will also be part of the art department implementing art direction. You will be comfortable creating art in a variety of aesthetic styles and technical implementations.
- Minimum 3 years of high-end feature film VFX experience, or equivalent portfolio or experience
- Thorough knowledge of creative and artistic methods and techniques
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour
- Experience meeting deadlines while retaining a high quality of work
- Portfolio displaying a range of work and styles
Nice to Have
- Demonstrable skill in 3D tools such as Zbrush and Maya
- Diploma or equivalent in Art
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A tea m player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- A team leader, approachable and personable , with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.