Our R&D department produces innovative technology which allows us to meet the needs of both current and future projects. They collaborate closely with our artists to ensure they have the technology to work their magic, as well as developing tools which will keep our studio at the forefront of VFX production.
We are seeking to recruit a number of graphics R&D software engineers to help further develop our proprietary tools in a variety of areas, including:
- Core R&D infrastructure, including our proprietary file formats and the libraries which underpin the rest of our R&D toolset
- Lighting technology
- FX simulation & rendering
- Environment modelling, acquisition & rendering
- Develop technology to address production requirements
- Contribute to the design and development of CG software which is required cross-shows.
- Work alongside our other R&D developers to ensure that new tools fit within our existing software systems
- Work closely with CG supervisors to ensure that production needs are being met
- Support, and collaborate with, our artists
- Keep up to date on developments in CG, and contribute to the studios strategic tool development
- Degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
- Several years experience of C++ software development in Linux/Unix, ideally including some experience of software development in a production environment
- Experience of developing computer graphics tools (such as rendering, lighting, compositing or fx) in a non-academic setting
- Experience of software development in a team environment, including the use of source control systems, revision management and maintenance
- Experience of some combination of Maya/Arnold/Houdini/PRman/Nuke API development
/privacy-policy . If you do not consent for your data to be used in this way then please do not continue with your application.