We need an experiencedDevOps Engineerwho will work collaboratively with engineering and development teams to deploy and operate our GolfNow systems. You will be responsible for automating and streamlining our operations and processes; building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; and troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install, configure, and maintain Datacenter Services infrastructure, including but not limited to hardware, operating systems, platform management software, system backups, messaging systems, etc.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies to scale.
- Operations Support
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Assist in the implementation and documentation of Datacenter Services Infrastructure.
- Respond to service interruptions as they occur.
- Identify capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Tests and evaluates systems to eliminate obstacles and make improvements.
•Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud hosting providers like (Google, AWS)
•Experience with deploying enterprise applications in production environments
•Familiar with provisioning infrastructure using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
•Experience with automation/configuration management tools (ideally Ansible)
•Strong background in Windows and Linux/Unix Administration
•Applied knowledge of CI/CD practices, preferably with Jenkins
•Comfortable working with SQL databases and queries (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)
•Experience working with a microservices architecture
•Experience in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment using source control tools like GIT
•Knowledge of reliability engineering and failure testing
•Experience capturing metrics and monitoring a cloud infrastructure
•Familiarity with central logging (experience with ElasticSearch is a plus)
•Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
•5+ Years of Information Systems experience in the following areas
•Managing Server systems in an enterprise environment
•Virtualization, Compute and Storage technologies
•Must have experience with Server hardware platforms
•Must have experience with Microsoft Active Directory
•Must have experience with Unix/Linux
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.