The Assistant Audio Engineer for GMO Post would support department audio engineers and archive audio projects for both staff and freelance engineers. This individual would work with clients directly by delivering or receiving audio content, mix and sound design content for various NBC Universal’s Cable Entertainment properties, and work with editors to add audio to assets for on-air broadcast and digital platforms. This individual would also help maintain audio rooms and equipment, as well as assist in music/sound effects searches, and create and organize SOPs and storage work space.
- Archives and catalogues all audio projects
- Performs Music and sound effect searches
- Manage audio storage space
- Work collaboratively with editors, PMs, writer producers and other audio engineers
- Creates audio mixes and sound design for GMO Post Production
- Creation and delivery of audio files back to editor or clients in a timely fashion
- Proficiency in ProTools, Waves Plugins and knowledge of Avid isis storage
- Regulates volume levels and sound quality during recording sessions, to broadcast standards.
- Mix and design dialogue, sound effects, and music for assets
- Troubleshoots and maintain recording equipment, plugins and ProTools software in audio rooms
- Manage audio storage space
- Stay current on industry trends and newtechnology for sound design
Basic Qualifications:1 year of relevant professional experience required
Good organizational and project management skills are necessary
Proficiency in ProTools HD, Waves Plugins and knowledge of Avid systems
Able to assist in maintaining both hardware and software
Working knowledge of post ecosystem
Knowledge of pro tools audio plugins (sound minner)
Additional Job Requirements:
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply to be considered (note job #:42787BR)
Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Must have a flexible Schedule and ability to work nights or weekends as needed
Must be willing to work overtime if needed
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
Degree in Audio Engineering, Production, or equivalent work experience in a related field preferred
Strong attention to detail
Strong communication skills
Work independently and well with others
Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques and problem solve with minimal direction
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.