OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
A Technical Director (TD) in Production Technology provides critical support to a show's artists and department heads. A Technical Director will design, develop, and implement new tools and processes for a particular show or department. On occasion, a Technical Director may be asked to do shot work.
- Provide front-line support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include problems with fur, clothing, effects, animation, and rendering.
- Support the integration and adoption of studio-wide technology initiatives.
- Work closely with other Technical Directors, Department Heads, CG Supervisors, and Production Engineering to maintain and further the production pipeline.
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Reports to the show's Supervising Technical Director
Education and/or Experience Required:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
- Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
- Experience with Maya, Houdini or other 3rd Party Animation Systems.
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in C, C++, Python, Object Oriented Programming, Model/View/Controller framework.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.