OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
Purpose of the job:
A Stereoscopic Technical Director is responsible for the design and implementation of the technical and artistic aspects of the stereoscopic version of the film. He/She is responsible for the stereosopic look and completion of assigned sequences/shots. This includes but is not limited to stereoscopic camera setup/camera staging, and stereoscopic compositing.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities :
Give regular updates to the Stereoscopic Supervisor and Production Supervisor on the progress of work in production. Work with fellow team members in designing technical approaches to projects, sequences, or shots
Attend regular departmental meetings to ensure all technical and creative issues in production are addressed.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- 4+ years of production experience working on feature films or visual FX.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Lighting & compositing, procedural animation, effects rigging & animation, strong visual acuity & depth perception, camera & shot staging.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following programming/scripting/shader languages: Perl, Python, MEL, RenderMan RSL, GLSL, HLSL, CgFX, or similar shading language.
- Demonstrated expertise in script debugging methods and practices.
- Strong experience with the UNIX or Linux operating systems.
- Significant production experience with one or more major animation applications (i.e. Softimage, or Maya).
- Production experience with one or more major compositing applications (i.e. Shake, Nuke, or Toxik).
- Stereography or Cinematography experience is a plus.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Be able to work as member of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.