Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.We do not currently have openings available for the position of Character Modeler, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
DNEG’s Feature Animation department has been slowly building over the past couple of years and we are delighted to officially launch the new facility. Together we will bring the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our talented modellers to create highly detailed character models suitable for use in a Feature Animation. You’ll be experienced enough to anticipate and communicate any model performance issues and ensure adherence to the Feature Animation production pipeline protocols.
Our team have the ability to build complex 3D Characters by taking direction from the Production Designer and working alongside development artists and character TDs to convert designs into builds. Reference is key at DNEG and we expect our Modellers to use reference material where possible to ensure the model is as detailed as possible.
- Experience working on a Feature Animated film.
- Production experience as a Character Modeller
- Degree in C omputer Animation or relevant course.
- Must have keen knowledge and understanding of anatomy.
- How to effectively translate your ideas to communicate with other artists.
- Traditional sculpting techniques using digital tools such as Maya or Z-brush.
- Strong sense of form, scale and proportion
- Highly motivated.
- Team oriented.
- Able to learn in house work flows and methodologies.
- Able to adapt to changing requirements or briefs.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.