At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Compositor works closely with the Lighting/Compositing Supervisor and Global VFX Supervisor to composite final scenes that maintain the continuity of the series and align with the production’s schedule.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Compositor to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Digitally composite character, effects and environment assets ensuring that the vision of show Creative Leadership is respected and continuity is maintained
- Manage personal compositing assignments, ensuring all deliverables meet scheduled deadlines and technical requirements
- Initiate, setup, organize and document any compositing tools
- Perform technical work in support of compositing using various production tools
- Create custom compositing setups and tools that help replicate the creative vision of the show
- Perform tracking and animation of compositing elements
- As needed, serve as compositing point person in production specific meetings and reviews
- Aesthetic eye for light composition and detail
- Strong understanding of color, contrast and lighting design
- Experience with Maya, Nuke and NukeX
- Experience compositing render passes generated from V-Ray
- Strong understanding of Nuke gizmo building
- Ability to create and composite 2D effects
- Familiar with compositing stock library effects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- Strong time-management skills
- At least 3 years of professional experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX and/or video games
- Python scripting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of linear workflows
- Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
- Strong visual storyteller with knowledge of traditional film language and in camera effects preferred
- Ability to work with render elements from Houdini a plus
- Experience working on stereoscopic projects a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.