At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Animation Artists provide noted direction for our Partner Studio(s) to a standard set by the CG Animation Director(s) and/or the Animation Supervisor. The Animation Artists also animate characters when requested and ensure that all deliverables align with the production’s schedule and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Animation Artist to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review animation deliveries from Partner Studio(s) and provide clear and courteous notes while keeping in mind the overall workload of the animation team(s)
- Attend primary animation reviews to gather notes from show Creative Leadership
- Generate BG references for Partner Studio(s) that provide direction for staging of shots in usable areas of the sets
- Have a strong working knowledge of sets, characters and props and knowledge of the limitations of each
- Review designs, scripts and breakdown decisions to assist the CG Animation Director and/or Animation Supervisor
- When requested, animate characters in a variety of styles
- Attend storyboard and animatic reviews as workload allows
- Create Maya set dresses for specific episodic requirements under the guidance of the CG Animation Director and/or Animation Supervisor
- Work closely with the Crowd animation team to deliver crowd sims in the style of the show
- Strong animation skills
- Solid technical understanding of models and rigs
- Strong knowledge of Maya and fundamental skills for troubleshooting and identifying problems with files
- Ability to work in fast-paced production environment under tight deadlines
- Creative problem solving skills and adaptability skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- At least 3 years of production experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX and/or video games
- Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
- Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.