- Accountable for all aspects of the production for show, including the determination of the show topics, the format and focus of the show, and the selection of appropriate guests for the show. Participates in pitch meetings with Supervising Producer and/or Executive Producer.
- Manages a team consisting of an AP and PA and ensures that they are focused on booking the appropriate stories in a timely manner. Shares ideas and must be able to communicate with all other production personnel to ensure a successful show.
- Responsible for formatting and planning their "show" from writing the script, meeting with guests and handling all issues involving the "show" from concept to air.
- Works directly with the Supervising Producer and/or Executive Producer executing, developing, and conceptualizing all production aspects of the show to accomplish the best possible results through the use of visuals, videotape inserts, music, field pieces and editing.
- Minimum 2 years professional TV experience with a talk show, news or court program at the AP level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Must submit resume and cover letter via Apply
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends when necessary
- 4 to 5 years of TV Production experience preferred (including internships, PA positions, etc.)
- Strong writing and in-studio production skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and previous experience booking guests for television
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently when necessary
- Superior organizational skills
- Some experience managing a small team
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.