Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Warner Bros. Games seeks a Lead DevOps Engineer for the WBG San Francisco Platform department. As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will play a primary role in the Studio’s game development efforts, live operations of our games, as well as interfacing with other Studios and service providers. You will provide technical leadership to a team of DevOps Engineers.
What part will you play?
This position requires close collaboration with members of the Studio as well as interfacing with external studios, corporate IT, and vendors to help define how we develop and release and maintain our games. In this position you will have the opportunity to set the standard for all aspects of live operations including building and growing a team.
- Infrastructure / feature design & implementation / Library & Service integration.
- Manage, provide guidance, and review the work of your team of fellow DevOps Engineers.
- Configuration Management/Continuous Integration.
- System reliability and maintenance.
- Performance target setting / performance optimization.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 10 years of industry experience.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Experience building and leading a team of DevOps engineers.
- Expert knowledge of AWS cloud technologies, including CloudFormation, EC2, Elasticache, S3, IAM, and DynamoDB.
- Strong background in configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible (Chef preferred).
- Expert bash shell scripting.
- Significant Ruby and Python programming ability.
- Experience with containerization technology such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- CI/CD and job management with Jenkins.
- Strong background in cloud networking principles and design.
- Expert Linux system administration with RedHat-style distributions.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Ability to assess the quality of engineering work by colleagues and vendors.
- Ability and desire to provide technical and professional mentoring to members of your team.