Weta Digital will be attending Siggraph 2018 in Vancouver and have limited meeting times available to discuss this role. To register your interest for a meeting, please apply now and state in your cover letter if you will be attending.
Are you interested in working with Weta’s large suite of custom software? Are you able to give clear direction and understand how intelligent constraints lead to innovative strategies? Have you experienced the joy of collaborative end-to-end development with customers? Our Software Engineering team is growing and we're looking for a curious software engineer to join our Core team. You will be working in a large development team on software that spans the entire studio.Who you are:
- You have a strong suite of VFX software skills, specifically Maya, Renderman, Houdini or Katana plugins
- You have a passion for tools designed to improve workflows
- You help artists translate ideas into solutions
- You make tools that can handle large assets
- You are open-minded and team-focused
Who we are:
- Experience in the VFX industry, writing plugins for any of the following packages: Maya, Renderman, Houdini, Katana
- Expert C++ with complementary experience in Cuda and OpenGL
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related subject (or equivalent knowledge and experience)
The Software Engineering department is responsible for continuously improving the pipeline including: procedural modelling and dressing, realtime rendering, 2D imaging, animation and VR. If you value a balanced culture of individual autonomy and group collaboration, are creatively minded, and want to work with people who are passionate about technology and creating digital worlds - we'd love to meet you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand