Junior 3D-Artist Realtime
Position Level: Junior
Contract Type: Employee
- Experience in asset creation for Unity
- Robust understanding of technical limitations of different platforms (VR / AR / Mobile / PC)
- Experience in shader creation using Unity or Unreal Engine
- Basic experience with PBR Process and photorealistic lighting
- Good knowledge of Maya or comparable software package
- Bonus: knowledge of Unreal Engine or WebGL
- Bonus: knowledge of Z-Brush
- Bonus: knowledge of CAD Preparation
- Bonus: experience with technical animations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work together with producers and supervisors during the concept phase, create and optimize realistic 3D assets (High and Low Poly) for a wide range of projects from AR / VR to Themed Entertainment
- Texture creation with Photoshop, Substance Designer/Painter or Mari
- Look development, shading and create Light Setups in Unity
- You enjoy being part of an agile team and work on a wide range of Realtime and XR Projects
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- You are self-motivated, possess a strong work ethic and are able to work as part of a team
- You are interested in new technologies, technical processes and their potential applications
Why work at Pixomondo
- An agile and growing team with development opportunities
- Our teams work on varied projects from many different industries
- Flat hierarchy with experienced Artists for guidance
- A modern working environment in Stuttgart
- Regular Hackathons
- State-of-the-art technologies in use (Workstations, Goggles, AR-Lab)
- Gym on the base floor with special offers for staff
- After work activities like film screenings in our cinema, board games, billiards
Who We Are
Pixomondo’s Real Time department conceives and creates interactive products for an impressive range of well-known international and national companies. We apply cutting edge VR technologies to create customized, immersive experiences. Utilizing HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, HoloLens, Leap Motion, Kinect, Intel Real Sense, Orbbec Astra in combination with hardware like pneumatic seats, high-end projectors and high-performance computer clusters, we have developed AR Apps, VR-Cinema experiences, multisensory motion rides, car and transportation configurators and a Mixed Reality Table featuring object recognition. Our work on the “Ocean Odyssey” immersive technology experience for National Geographic U.S.A was recognized with a VES Award in 2017.
The Realtime Department can rely on the support of Pixomondo’s global VFX infrastructure and experience to deliver high-end visual content for interactive solutions.
You will also be required to have a work permit and permission to live in Germany if you are a non-EU citizen.
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Stuttgart office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.