Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Sr. Game Designer for WB Games San Francisco, a mobile gaming studio. The position is based in San Francisco. You will be tasked to help bring WB’s iconic properties from movies, television and comics to mobile gaming.
What part will you play?
As a Sr. Game Designer, you will design compelling game systems, mechanics and content and work with a team of engineers, artists, UX designers, producers and product managers to see their implementation. Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role.
- Work with the Lead Designer to develop, hone and shape systems and mechanics appropriate to a game’s IP and creative vision.
- Create game design documents that communicate concepts and define requirements to other team members across different disciplines.
- Work with the team to develop both paper and digital game system prototypes.
- Create game content for a mobile game and help maintain and update that content on an ongoing basis.
What do we require from you?
- 3 – 5 years experience making successful games, especially mobile or social games. Be ready to tell us how you define “successful”.
- Desire to work with a mass market, extremely well-known IP.
- Obsession with games and game mechanics of all types (board, pen and paper, mobile, console, PC).
- The ability to convey game concepts, mechanics and requirements in a clear and concise way through appropriate documentation or presentations.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Great people skills where collaboration is the center of your creative world.
- Big picture thinking that can see past personal bias and envision outcomes outside of your creative comfort zone.
- Deep understanding of the mobile/social market.
- The ability to recognize when a design isn’t working and pivot smoothly to still hit the creative target.
- The ability to incorporate data and metrics into your designs while understanding the limits of data-driven design and not giving up your design instincts.
- Ability to prototype game mechanics and work to a high standard at any point in the design iteration loop.
- Familiarity with Unity preferred.
- Scripting Skills a plus.
- Art Skills a plus.
- Fast iteration abilities.