CNBC is looking for a strong, creative writer who’s obsessed with news and how to best deliver it across all the social and emerging platforms out there—including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. The ideal candidate will love the excitement of working in a fast-moving newsroom, be able to juggle and prioritize a bunch of tasks at the same time and still deliver clean, accurate information. As part of digital’s growing Audience Growth Team, this writer will synch with the digital and TV newsrooms to publish stories and videos—and will also have the opportunity to work on special projects and events.
Responsibilities of the Social News Producer may include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Senior Social Media Editors to execute social strategies across all of our channels
• Work with editors and reporters in digital and TV newsrooms, as well as collaborate with edit team at Make It, CNBC’s sister site
• Responsible for daily posting to CNBC’s flagship social accounts
• Create highly shareable multimedia stories to grow audience engagement
• Minimum of 2 years working full time in a newsroom or for a company with a focus on news and storytelling
• Strong news judgment and a good sense of the trending topics that will resonate with our audience and showcase the CNBC brand
• Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
• Experience working at a business news site or on a business news desk
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding and competitive environment
• Must be collaborative and a great communicator
• Obsessed with social platforms and innovative ways of digital storytelling
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.