The Artist Manager role at DNEG is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role in recruitment, scheduling, reviews and training strategy in order to cultivate our fantastic team of VFX artists. The Artist Manager role will see you working across a number of our artists departments, partnering with our Heads of Department and Department Production Managers. You will be managing a team of artists and leveraging talent to ensure crew are consistently motivated and evolving in their roles, and that we are fully utilising and developing the skills available.
As an Artist Manager, you will work with the Company Scheduler, Department Production Managers and Heads of Department to evaluate the needs of each project, and ensure that new hires and existing artists are scheduled into the correct roles, on appropriate shows, while establishing recruitment needs. You will also work closely with the Talent Acquisition team to review show reels, select and interview artists globally, provide constructive feedback on candidates and determine appropriate hires.
You will collaborate with our in house trainers to carry out analysis of training needs across the business ensuring appropriate training material and courses are designed and implemented. You will be responsible to consistently evaluate the efficacy of documentation and training, ensuring career development and growth within the team.
As an Artist Manager, you will plan and strategize the long-term scheduling of artists and associated timeframes. You will also conduct performance and salary reviews with HR and feedback relevant information into the scheduling process.
Along with our Heads of Department, Department Production Managers, HR Manager and Company Scheduler you will work on overall strategy and initiatives.Must Have
Nice to Have
- 5+ years’ experience in VFX as an artist
- Ability to complete aspects of shot production
- Understanding the needs and demands of a production driven environment
- Evidence of being a leader or role model at a team level
- Proven track record of interpreting resourcing and training needs and delivering results
- Experience working in a lead or supervisor role
- Experience working as part of a film VFX pipeline
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Team oriented, with a proven ability to influence and build strong working relations within an organisation
- Ability to see the bigger picture and operate accordingly
- Flexible to change
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Capable of organising and co-ordinating people, with enthusiasm and clarity
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to establish priorities and delegate accordingly
Double Negative are a multi-award winning, ground-breaking and long-established VFX post-production house, producing cutting-edge VFX, and is now one of the world’s largest providers of visual effects for Film and TV with facilities in London, Mumbai, Vancouver and Los Angeles.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.