• Work directly with News Director, Executive Producer, Producers, Assignment Editor, Anchors, VJ’s and production crews in overall news content production
• Able to manage assignment desk to help in the news gathering process
• Strong writing skills are essential including tease writing, have exceptional editorial skills and the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television.
• Organize a strong, compelling, audience driven rundown and execute the vision of the newscast.
• Must always be ready to break in with the latest news or developing stories.
• Requires a leader with the know how to determine the best news stories for the newscast and the ability to delegate duties
• Must possess the ability to come up with strong story ideas, utilize all resources available, be a team player and thrive in a highly competitive news environment.
• Social media knowledge and able publish updates on all platformsQualifications/Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism
• 1 to 2 years News Producer experience
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends and evenings
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish
• Ability to understand and communicate in English
• Must be willing to work in San Antonio, TX
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Candidate must be highly flexible and comfortable multi-tasking.
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Desire to explore and create new content avenues and models.
• Non-linear editing experience
• Knowledge of I-News
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently
• Great skills timing the show and ability to overcome unforeseen challenges while on air
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure; off or on the air
• Strong news judgment and journalistic skills a must
• Strong interpersonal skills: Must be energetic, motivated and work well with others
• Proactive thinker/self-starter
• Detail oriented
• Quick thinker
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and interpersonal.
• Knowledge of digital and new media platforms and integration (Web, Mobile, Social Media)
• Strong command and understanding of APC Systems (Automated Production Control Systems)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.