"FOLLOW" us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
RIGGER [JUNIOR]JOB SUMMARY
Design, develop, test, trouble shoot, maintain, and implement rigs for all aspects for VFX and 3D animation projects related to film, television and commercials. Support studio wide and production project requirements including characters, vehicles, environment and other various accessories.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Works with production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters.
- Tests, trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle as they arise.
- Receives direction from leadership and escalates issues quickly, as needed.
- Diploma/Certificate, Degree in 3D Animation (preferred)
- Strong Maya knowledge- a must, Python/Mel (preferred), C++ (bonus), 3Ds Max (bonus)
- Experience delivering complete milestone/tasks under tight deadlines (preferred)
- Strong written + verbal communication skills.
- Eye for detail, initiative and excellent organizational skills.
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability.
+Dental InsuranceHOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Link - make it easy to access - post on Vimeo without a password.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.