Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
Opportunity OverviewWhat part will you play?
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games seeks a Senior Software Engineer to implement cutting-edge tools and engine features that help ensure that the Mortal Kombat and Injustice franchises are industry leaders.
As a member of our studio's KoreTech team you will be expected to take on difficult problems, and in collaboration with you colleagues, plan and implement innovative solutions. Working on console platforms and also in our editing tools will require developing for fast user iteration cycles and an awareness of 60hz performance constraints.
A great work ethic, excellent core engineering skills, and the ability to forward think problems are all critical. In addition, experience in memory management and parallelism will be a huge asset.
What do we require from you?
- Modify and extend core engine systems with a focus on future technology.
- Work with artists, designers and gameplay engineers to implement editor functionality and improve overall workflow for the team.
- Optimize critical code paths in the engine and tools
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience developing in C++ and at least one shipped AAA title.
- Experience working on the Xbox One and PS4 platforms strongly desired.
- Unreal engine experience a plus.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- The ability to write efficient and optimized code.
- Experience in one or more of animation, physics, rendering, tools architecture or other game-centric disciplines.
- Experience writing multithreaded code (preferred).