Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Founded in 1994, Turbine, Inc., a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio, is focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its mobile titles, which include Batman™: Arkham Underworld and the Game of Thrones® mobile game.
Turbine is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to join our Mobile Game Platform team. We are looking for a creative problem solver who has experience troubleshooting live production systems and is eager to learn new technologies.What part will you play?
What do we require from you?
- Provide infrastructure and automation expertise on a server-side platform engineering team
- Build, maintain and tune our Linux infrastructure (CoreOS / Docker) on Amazon Web Services
- Design new tools and improve existing tools to continually better our infrastructure automation capability
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of highly-scalable and available services for our live games
- Contribute to best-practices on automation, reliability and availability
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Periodically offer round-the-clock first-line support of the production environments, as part of a rotating on-call schedule
- The ability to solve complex problems in practical ways across large distributed systems
- Experience coding with Go or willingness to learn it
- Experience managing and performance tuning databases (ideally Postgres)
- Experience writing and optimizing SQL
- Experience building and deploying RESTful services utilizing popular open source web frameworks
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS or similar)
- Passion for developing scalable and maintainable software systems
- Extensive experience with developing distributed systems and micro services
- Experience in load balancing technologies
- Expertise programming in Go
- Deep knowledge of Postgres databases
- Avid gamer with a desire to work on mobile games