The Talent Development TraineeProgram
Join us for an opportunity to experience the art and technology of animation and be a part of Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development TraineeProgram is available for recent college graduates of art and animation, fine art and design, computer graphics, engineering, production, and general film studies undergraduate or graduate programs (within three years of graduation date) for a 3, 6, 12, or18month paid position at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Program starts out with an immersive Trainee experience offering participants a chance to understand the depth of their new skills, refine and strengthen key areas, apply them in our real world environment, and work under the guidance of a Disney Mentor.
The Technical Director Trainee
Technical Directors strategize solutions to a range of production and pipeline issues. You’ll exercise your technical skills to write scripts, adapt tools, and modify workflows in support of artistic endeavors. You will work directly with artists and software developers to solve problems and implement new techniques.
This position is slated to begin in early January. To apply, select “Apply for Position” below to create or update your profile with a resume and project blog if applicable.
Resume/demonstrated skills should include:
- Experience with commercial graphics packages including Maya, Houdini and Global Illumination Lighting packages
- Experience with scripting including Python and MEL
- Experience with the Linux or Unix operating system
- Solid understanding of the production processes and pipelines of CG Animation, VFX or Video Game productions
- Solid overview of element production and shot production phases including modeling, rigging, animation, layout, look development and lighting/rendering
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction well
- Experience with C or C++ development or shader writing (RSL) a plus
- Understanding of stereoscopic concepts and production processes a plus
- Degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent.
The deadline for applications is Friday, August 31, 2018at 11:59 PM PST
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer