I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘Privacy Settings’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘Jobs by email’ then choose ‘Remove this job alert email’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
The Third Floor is seeking ambitious artists who are looking for a golden opportunity to make their mark on the entertainment industry. By using the language of cinematography and animation in tandem to design the strongest possible sequences, a previs artist holds an impactful and highly collaborative role in the filmmaking process. The artistic sketch of the film to come, quickly produced through previs, supports effective creation, communication and realization of the project from development through to production and post.
A previs shot creator pieces together elements, sets them in motion, and “films” them with virtual cameras to create cinematic sequences that represent the creative blueprint. Nearly any aspect of a shot can be tweaked instantaneously to improve the composition or the timing of the action. Working with the previs supervisor, previs shot creators produce previs shots and sequences that help to support the director's vision via appropriate use of camera movement, lenses, composition, staging, lighting, and editing.
The ideal candidate:
• Possesses a strong sense of composition, color, animation timing, and storytelling
• Animates a wide variety of subject matter from vehicles to small objects, to realistic character performances, all with a strong sense of camera animation
• Uses lights efficiently
• Has good knowledge of cinematic language, camera terminology and the ability to use motion blur, depth of field and other effects, to create realism
• Has the ability to clean up & accentuate mocap animation
• Is team oriented and able to successfully take direction from a supervisor
• Is adaptable, flexible and accepting of change, often tossing out ideas and starting anew
• Autodesk Maya
• Adobe After Effects
• Autodesk Motion Builder (a plus)