Segment Producer, The Beat with Ari Melber
Weeknights on MSNBC, Ari Melber brings a unique mix of knowledge about politics and the entertainment industry to “The Beat.” The hour-long program, produced out of 30 Rock in New York City, provides analysis of the top political developments in the news and the most talked about stories of the day.
Join The Beat team as a segment producer and contribute to the show’s daily production by writing and researching compelling segments about the day’s biggest stories.Essential Responsibilities
- Work closely with Ari Melber and senior staff on political/editorial content of nightly show
- Produce compelling segments with urgent writing, eye-catching visuals and headline grabbing banners
- Participate and pitch new segments in daily staff editorial and production meetings
- Work with guests to help pinpoint the best ways in which they can enhance a segment
- Be in the control room during live show and assure smooth on-air production of your segment
- Thrive in a team environment in which everyone strives to give co-workers a hand whenever needed and stay calm in pressure situations
Basic Qualification/ Eligibility Requirements:
• Must have at least 4 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be consider
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles, research, and plan segments
• Write and produce segments with speed and error free in newsroom environment
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture. Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.