The Content Producer will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors. He/she will be responsible for the production of assigned news content by writing, editing and in some cases video recording the material for broadcast and all digital platforms.
The Content Producer will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day.Qualifications/Requirements
• A degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field.
• A minimum 1 or 2 years’ news writing experience.
• Spanish language proficiency (reading and writing).
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered.
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Strong news writing skills.
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Significant experience in a news environment.
• Strong journalistic skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, web and mobile.
• Strong computer skills, with basic understanding of multi-media file formats.
• A pioneering spirit with the desire the learn emerging technologies
• Passion to develop and present story ideas.
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents the local viewer.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.