ResponsibilitiesDreamWorks Animation’s Talent Acquisitions, Artist Management and Diversity & Inclusion teams are collaborating to launch the Artist Development Program, a unique opportunity inclusively targeting underrepresented groups.
DreamWorks Animation is seeking artists for a new Artist Development Program at the studio in Glendale, CA. If you have had limited opportunities to grow your animation experience, if you are re-entering the workforce after an extended period of time off, or have studied Film/Cinema, Animation, Art, or a related focus please submit your application by August 19, 2018. Participants will build upon their current experience in this 12-week program with hands-on training in one of the following production departments: Animation, Character Effects, Character Technical Direction, Lighting, Pre-visualization / Layout, and Surfacing to prepare them for an assignment on an animated film at DreamWorks.
The 12-week program will immerse participants in a full-time production environment where DreamWorks’ artists mentor them to polish their skills to be production ready. Upon completion of the 12 weeks, successful artists will be cast on a production crew.
Artist Development Artists will:
- work at a world-class studio and use cutting-edge tools
- contribute to a collaborative environment
- develop artistic work flows and problem-solving skills to meet production expectations
Surfacing Artists develop the look and material properties of characters, props, and environments to create the worlds and characters for the film. This also includes fur/ hair grooming.Qualifications/Requirements
- You must be passionate about animation, resourceful, and a team player
- Foundational knowledge of computer graphics principles & processes, exposure to third party tools
- Experience with paint softwares such as 3D Paint and/or shading networks. Grooming or hair experience a plus
- Resume (Please list relevant coursework, software, and/ or independent projects)
- Link to your work (portfolio / demo reel)
- Cover letter (optional)
Portfolio / demo reel Guidelines (2 minutes or less in duration):
- Please submit reel of your best work demonstrating your artistic eye for detail and ability to create characters and/or environment looks to match various reference
- Any projects that demonstrate a creative eye in other areas of the animation process (pre-vis/layout, modeling, rigging, simulation, effects, or character animation)
- Examples of your traditional art (photography, sculpture, drawing and/or painting)
What We’re Looking For
DreamWorks Artist Development Program seeks a broad spectrum of candidates with a passion for animation and unique multicultural perspectives. With an emphasis on inclusion, this program is open to all eligible applicants.
Application Deadline: August 19, 2018 Sunday at 12:59 am Pacific Standard Time
Offer Extended: Mid-September
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.