OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for assisting the Editorial team in all aspects of editing from pre-production through the post-production process on a full length CG Animated film.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities :
- Ensure that the Editors are supplied with all pertinent material to perform the daily Editorial assignments.
- Supervise and delegate tasks to the Second Assistant Editors.
- Initiate and implement recommended practices for editorial procedures in consultation with the Editorial Manager.
- Import material in to the AVID promptly and accurately.
- Create digital, video and audio outputs from AVID.
- Manage AVID media and media backups.
- Participate in all aspects of recording production and scratch dialogue.
- Output EDL’s and shot order for production departments, marketing partners, and post-production facilities.
- Import and export all media files from all production departments.
- Troubleshoot any AVID and media issues with the Chief and Video Engineer.
- Manage editorial workflow with assistance from the Editorial Manager and Editorial Coordinator.
- The First Assistant Editor is the point person of the post-production process at our post-production facility, so travel for an extended period of time is required.
- AVID and assistant editorial experience in a multi-user environment required.
- Pro-Tools experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years as a First Assistant Editor is preferred.
- Experience as First Assistant Editor on a feature animation film is preferred.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- This role is a guaranteed “50-hour work week” position.
- Some additional overtime, often unpredictable, is required for this position.
- Office working environment
- Approximately 80% of the time will be spent working on a computer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.