Talent Development - Effects Trainee
Join us for an opportunity to experience the art of animation and be a part of Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Apprentice Program is an immersive experience available for recent college graduates within three years of graduation for a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month paid position. The program begins with a 3 month trainee experience under the guidance of a Disney Mentor. The Talent Development Apprentice Program offers a unique opportunity to hone and understand skills, refine and strengthen key disciplines, and engage in a real-time production environment with the support of expert and show mentors throughout the program.
The Apprentice Program is based in Burbank, California, and begins October 2018. The deadline for applications is August 19, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
Disney Effects artists create stunning visuals through collaboration with artists from all parts of the animation pipeline. Whether supporting production design through stylization or hyperrealism, they push the boundaries of what is possible. They are challenged to create the unexpected and to invoke an emotional impact in support of the creative vision.
To apply for this position, select “Login” to update your profile and Apply. If you do not have a profile with us, select “Register” to create a new profile and Apply with a resume, reel and shot breakdown (if applicable).
- Reels/Portfolios/Demonstrated Skills should include:
- Technical proficiency inspired by art
- Strong communication skills with the ability to brainstorm and collaborate in a team setting to reimagine, prototype, or even fake an effect
- A strong understanding of animation fundamentals, design, and composition
- An understanding of how structural elements, physical dynamics, and natural forces inform effects animation
- Experience using commercial graphics packages including Houdini and/or Maya.
- A working knowledge of Houdini and Linux is required
- A working knowledge of Maya is a plus
- Exposure to current techniques in rendering, shading, lighting, and compositing
- Exposure to scripting
Deadline for applications is 11:59 PST, Sunday, August 19, 2018
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer