We are all about making stuff. New stuff. Mold-breaking stuff. And we are setting out to invent a new kind of news channel for a rising generation of news junkies. OTT. On all the time. Live news of the highest quality. Authentic. Voicy. Unexpected. Maybe even funny sometimes. But always informative and always stories well-told.
There are tens of millions of people who need the news but who don’t have cable. The Internet is great…Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, apps, websites all help but when the news breaks, I mean really breaks, a newsfeed just doesn’t quite cut it, does it? Facts happen in real-time, so the news should too. And text is for tomorrow when you’ve got a few minutes to spare. Video is for now.
If you’re a smart, enthusiastic and prolific producer who can write and produce daily news segments that will help shape the future of news, take a look at the nitty gritty bullets below and get in touch. Resumes are helpful, sure, but seeing your work is what it’s all about. And if your current body of work so far doesn’t paint the right picture of you, then make us something else. But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.The bulk of the job:
- Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
- Find and book new and engaging guests for live and taped segments; conduct pre-interviews with show guests
- Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
- Edit on AVID the best video and sound for assigned stories
- Quality check all video content
- Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
- Serve as back-up line producer when needed
You are strong in all the following ways:
• You’re a journalist who is not afraid to pick up the phone and conduct original reporting
• You’ve got big ideas and the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You’ve got thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, and pop culture
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
• You’re familiar with inews, can search and edit on AVID desktop systems and cut your own VOs and SOTs
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a long day
• You’ve been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 2+ years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
• You have a Bachelor’s degree
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.