Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Game of Thrones, Legion, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?Description
Our Los Angeles location is currently seeking a Bidding Producer which is responsible for producing detailed bid packages to send to our clients. This work requires extensive, up to date knowledge of the entire VFX workflow. You will work closely with the supervisors and department heads to study and analyze scripts, produce VFX breakdowns, and quantify the work required, working across multiple potential projects in parallel. This position reports to our Head of Production.Responsibilities
- Read incoming scripts and review creative materials received.
- Produce VFX breakdowns.
- Creatively assess the work required to complete a project and provide bid days for VFX breakdowns in line with the Zoic pipeline.
- Consult with VFX supervisors and Head of Departments on creative, technical approaches, and methodologies.
- Provide accurate and accountable information to the studio regarding the financial viability of projects and workload requirements.
- Produce detailed bid packages to send to our clients once approved.
- Responsible for content handover of awarded shows to show Producer assigned.
- Work closely with HOP to evaluate post show financial analysis to compare bid to actuals in an effort to improve future methodology.
- Attends all client meetings relating to upcoming projects.
- Stays current of studio capacity and talent capabilities in order to effectively create bids.
- Proficient, high-level knowledge of Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of the VFX workflow.
- 5+ years experience as a VFX Producer, with proven capability in providing detailed and accurate bids.
- Organized and detail orientated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Calm under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Shotgun a plus.
*Must be able to work onsite at our Los Angeles location. Current LA residents a plus as we do not cover relocation/housing.
*Additional perks include medical benefits and paid sick time.