As an Associate Producer for the Megyn Kelly hour you will work directly with producers and senior producers to conceive, prepare and finalize panel content for air. This role requires a keen interest in hard news content, an understanding of current affairs and timely, topical content. You should be familiar with NBC News & MSNBC reporting and correspondents as they are key contributors to panel segments. You should be a self-starter who is proficient in all aspects of live content production. Attention to detail is critical and you should have exceptional organization skills. An understanding of NBC News Legal and Standards editorial guidelines is an important aspect of the role. You should be able to pitch ideas and be honing story-telling skills for panel segments.
- Assist with full scope production of the panels including pitching topic ideas, research, booking, and pre-interviewing.
- Prepare and finalize panel content.
- Support news producers by gathering visual elements, preparing graphics and editing B-rolls for segment production.
- The schedule for this position will be Sunday - Thursday, 2PM – Midnight.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree AND at least two years’ editorial experience working in production at the network level.
• Strong proficiency in Outlook and iNews.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
• Comfortable with newsroom tools and technology e.g. iNews.
• Experience producing hard news content for live and tape segments.
• Strong booking skills and the ability to identify the right talent for each story.
• Deep understanding of NBC News & MSNBC reporting on current affairs.
• Exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail. Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize. Comfortable with a fast paced environment.
• Self-starter who can work both independently and part of a team.
• Experience guiding more junior team members.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge of NBC News policies, guidelines and practices.
• Good understanding of social media and ‘360’ content experience.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.