Character FX ArtistReports To:
Character FX SupervisorDepartment:
Character FXEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and creates character effects such as cloth and fur simulations
- Develops generalized tools, used in Character FX, to help enhance the pipeline.
- Creates cloth and hair simulation, prop animation and and animationcleanup shot work in production.
- Creatively solve problems and achieve art direction for a shot.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Demonstrate artistic vision and appropriately expand upon the art direction given.
- Technical Animation for shots in production
- Cloth and Fur simulations
- Deformations, procedural modeling and animation
• Excellent eye for motion and solid understanding of animation principles.
• Strong knowledge of Maya and Houdini.
• Scripting proficiency in Mel and Python.
• Good problem-solving abilities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Exposure to rigging tools and surface modeling techniques preferred.
• Dynamic simulation background preferred.
• Production experience preferred.
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.