- Designs and creates character effects setups for fur and hair simulations.
- Develops specialized tools, used in Character FX, to help enhance the pipeline and department’s hair workflow.
- Creates hair simulation, animation and finaling for shot work in production.
- Creatively solves problems and achieves art direction for a shot/character.
- Troubleshoots and solves problems independently.
- Demonstrates artistic vision and appropriately expands upon the art direction given.
- Technical Animation for shots in production
- Deformations, procedural modeling and animation
- Strong knowledge of programs like Houdini and Maya preferred.
- Exposure to rigging tools and surface modeling techniques
- Preferred experience with 3rd party grooming packages
- Dynamic simulation background preferred.
- Scripting proficiency in Python and Mel preferred
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Production experience.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.