NBC News Digital is seeking an experienced and talented associate editor to join our award-winning, first-in-class, vertical video social news team. We’re seeking a brilliant visual storyteller and self-motivated video editor who has a passion for digital story-telling and journalism. This person has a mobile-first mind, and understands how to tell an editorially sound, compelling and beautiful story. You should love to experiment and reinvent in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with the production team to edit daily news stories for mobile platforms in a face-paced environment.
- Help craft a visual look for our project, working with both inside and outside stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least 2 years of professional experience in journalism, in an environment which works on tight deadlines and quick turnarounds using a studio or merely the tools at your desk
• Experience in pitching and producing creative and sharable videos about the day’s news.
• Comprehensive experience in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proven news judgment, high ethical standards and wonderful interpersonal skills
• Lots of personal experience making social content (yes, your own stories count)
• Experience with analytics and data-driven decision making
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must be willing to work Mon-Fri 4AM-12PM
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.