Reporting to the West Coast Manager, Set Lighting Operations, the Manger, NY Set Lighting & Grip Ops will be responsible for managing and steering daily business set lighting and grip equipment rental operations, overseeing customer relationships and serving as a liaison between NY team and West Coast team including the VP operations and Transportation Director.
Specific responsibilities will include
- Overseeing the processing of rental order quotes and day to day customer requests for equipment, working directly with customers/crew
- Reviewing operational reports, plans and budgets, and tracking to KPIs to manage performance of employees with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and OCF.
- When necessary, using RTPRO inventory tracking program to process quotes, orders, transfers, and inventory availability, oversee the management and tracking of track equipment rentals, maintenance and repair.
- Developing new business with a focus of presenting NBCU Set lighting and Grip operations as a one stop support provider to the Film and Television industry.
- Promptly resolving and handling customers issues by investigating problems; developing solutions; making recommendations to management;
- Maintaining communications with other business units within the company to ensure that their needs and schedules are met throughout the process.
- Monitoring the development of operations to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, mitigation measures; prepare applicable reports and documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management and/or logistics.
• Minimum of 6 years of set lighting and grip experience in film and television sectors.
• Experience managing staff, setting and maintaining schedules and performance measurements
• Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret compliance regulations and to make recommended courses of action
• Bring established relationships with filmmakers including UPMs, DPs, Studio Production Executives, Gaffers, Best Boys, Lighting Designers and transportation coordinators.
• Experience in the film and television lighting and grip equipment rental sector.
• Ability to balance multiple complex projects with competing schedules and priorities.
• Ability to work in a team environment while balancing the needs of different business units with competing priorities.
• Ability to simplify and summarize complex planning and legal concepts for understanding by internal business units and senior management.
• Helpful and positive demeanor to strengthen relationships with different business units.
• Projects a positive attitude and/or enthusiasm for the job, program and respect to others.
• Supports others in developing a positive outlook for the department.
• Consistently exhibits a quest for excellence, striving to constantly improved and develop more efficient systems that produce an improved level of service.
• Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.