As a producer for MK TODAY within the news team you will be responsible for producing topical content for the show in a timely fashion and with an eye toward a deeper dive. This includes pitching news-based stories and seeing ideas through to execution. The role requires a high level of creativity with news based story telling. You should be comfortable with producing both hard news content for live and tape segments as well as features content. You should have a depth of experience in producing hard news and features and will be responsible for ensuring all content aligns with NBC News Legal and Standards editorial standards.
- Produce original news content, primarily for broadcast, including research, conducting interviews, writing and editing scripts, field producing and shooting, and overseeing editing.
- Producer is expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team.
- Ensure content is creative, impactful and of the highest standard in all elements of production.
- Work seamlessly with all team members on the show. Mentor and guide more junior team members to ensure all content is of the highest quality.
- Work with Standards & Legal Team to ensure editorial standards for all segments.
- Required to work Sunday –Thursday 12pm – 8pm or finish.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related discipline.
• At least 8 years’ editorial experience working in production at the network level, preferably with morning television.
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in NYC.
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events.
• Significant experience producing hard news content for live and tape.
• Proven storyteller who can be creative with news content.
• Exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize all areas of work.
• Self-starter who can work both independently and part of a team.
• Experience informally leading more junior team members.
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong team player.
• Good understanding of social media and ‘360’ content experience.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.