OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
The Rigging Crowds Lead is responsible for the Rigging - Crowds assets pipeline, which includes creating a roadmap of the hero background character rigged assets and accessories. Collaborate with the Crowds, Modeling, Production Technology, & Production Engineering departments to develop techniques to maximize capabilities and variation that fit within the style of the current show. Working closely with technology to create foundation for any tools or UI work needed.
- Responsible for being the crowds rigged background character’s main point of contact- knowing character statuses, rigging workflows, crowd rendering workflows and any issues or challenges.
- Keep the Rigging/Crowds Supervisors informed of show needs, changes, and progress with aesthetic and technical aspects of the rigging/crowds pipeline.
- Partner with the Production Technology Lead on day to day tasks and long term development to provide new technology needed for the show.
- Lead and introduce work for the show and help drive conversations in meetings.
- Train the department staff on show specific crowd asset workflows and processes.
- Improve show tools and techniques related to the crowds rigging pipeline and disseminate information to the appropriate groups.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5-7+ years High-end CG production experience required.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Strong proficiency with a major animation package, preferably Maya.
- Strong scripting experience in Python preferable.
- Proficiency in crowd simulation packages: Houdini, Massive, Golaem
- Familiarity with advanced rigging techniques.
- Experience with HIK or retargeting systems
- Proven experience leading teams in projects or workflows.
- Experience in modeling and an understanding of the principles of animation.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Experienced artistic eye.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.