We are all about making stuff. New stuff. Mold-breaking stuff. And we are setting out to invent a new kind of news channel for a rising generation of news junkies. OTT. On all the time. Live news of the highest quality. Authentic. Voicy. Not extreme. No shouting allowed. Unexpected. Maybe even funny sometimes. But always informative and always stories well-told.
There are tens of millions of people who need the news but who don’t have cable. The Internet is great…Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, apps, websites all help but when the news breaks, I mean really breaks, a newsfeed just doesn’t quite cut it, does it? Facts happen in real-time, so the news should too. And text is for tomorrow when you’ve got a few minutes to spare. Video is for now.
If you’re an Associate Producer with an eye for spotting newsworthy events and headlines across all platforms, take a look at the nitty gritty bullets below and get in touch. Resumes are helpful, sure, but seeing your work is what it’s all about. And if your current body of work so far doesn’t paint the right picture of you, then make us something else. But hurry. We’ve got a lot to do.
The AP will assist producers across multiple show hours with locating, viewing, and editing videotape for broadcast. The AP needs to be up-to-date on show rundowns to ensure that all video footage is accurate, in place, and is current. The AP must also be able to quickly turnaround video while on-air and during breaking news Apply
The bulk of the job:
• Pitch smart and engaging stories for daily broadcast and future segments that will resonate with our audience
• Work closely with Producers to research, write and fact check strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Take the lead in organizing logistics for production needs, including location, props, travel, etc. Coordinate and schedule meetings and logistics for team as requested
• Keep a constant eye on show rundowns to make sure our video footage is in place, accurate and current
• Help coordinate media coverage and logistics during breaking news and across feature stories
• Mine and edit on AVID the best video and sound for assigned stories
You are strong in all the following ways:
• You’ve got big ideas and want to develop the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You’ve got an interest in current events, U.S. politics, and pop culture
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and time to air is short
• You’re familiar with search and edit functionality on AVID desktop systems
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you’ve already put in a long day
• You’ve been working in broadcast, digital or cable for at least 2 years
• You have a Bachelor’s degree
• You are willing to work in New York, New York
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.