The Social Media Editor will help manage SNY’s social media presence to maintain consistent voice and own audience interaction across social media platforms.Responsibilities:
- At the direction of the Editor-In-Chief and Senior Social Media Editor, will own and maintain SNY’s brand and tone of voice across platforms to ensure consistency.
- Produce and edit video, images and GIFs for use across SNY.tv and social media platforms
- Pitch, write, create and curate content for social media platforms. Ensure that the posts reflect the tone and voice of SNY's content strategy.
- Optimize linear content to be published on SNY.tv and social platforms
- Build audience engagement with an understanding of data and analytics, identifying and monitoring trends
- Execute and measure marketing initiatives, including targeting and boosting, in coordination with the Multi-Platform Marketing Manager.
- Brainstorm, draft and implement strategies to guide our social media efforts.
- Cover events live across social platforms.
- Identify, pitch and write trending stories.
- Plan social-first editorial strategies, as well as custom content for visual platforms like Facebook videos and Instagram.
- Edit and cut videos for our various social media platforms.
- Run breaking news events across social media, including live tweeting and Facebook Live.
- Innovate new content strategies to broaden the brand's reach.
- Train reporters and editors across the newsroom in social media best practices.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media announcements and emerging technologies.
QualificationsDemonstrated ability to manage multiple stories and projects at once in an organized manner.
Proven track record building an audience and deepening engagement with targeted demos as part of a team.
Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
Proficient in the use of the following camera and editing systems:
Minimum one year experience in social media or audience engagement.
Strong writing and editing skills required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Previous experience in a breaking news environment is a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.