OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
The Head of Characters is responsible for the successful artistic and technical execution of all characters in our movies. The role works with the design teams to ensure the design is something that can be executed; works with the modeling, rigging, fur, materials, character simulation and technology teams to execute to that design in an optimal way; and works with animation to make sure the character has the proper controls to be successful in shot work.
This role involves strong collaboration across both asset departments and shot departments. The Head of Characters works closely with the CG Supervisor on each film to ensure the director’s vision is being achieved, and with production, management to keep schedules and staffing firmly in mind in the execution of the work.
• Proven experience in leading and collaborating with teams in a production environment
• Proven experience in character creation, with strong knowledge and demonstrated talent in at least one of the character asset creation departments on a CGI animated film, with experience across more than one a strong plus
• Strong knowledge of the tools and processes involved in character creation, from both an artistic and technical perspective
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• A strong artistic eye for translating design into execution, from drawings to fully realized CGI creations
• Strong knowledge of CGI character techniques and opinions on where techniques and technology are headed
• Proven communication skills and the ability to give and take direction
• Proven experience in successfully prioritizing tasks in a frenetic environment
• Experience in mentoring and craft elevation for those on the character asset teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.