We are looking for a segment producer to consistently write and produce segments with speed and accuracy for MSNBC’s AM Joy weekend team. Join the AM Joy team as a segment producer and contribute daily by writing exceptional, compelling segments regarding political insight and in-depth newsworthy events of the week. The focus is on breaking news and politics.
- Write and produce compelling segments with speed and error-free in a breaking news environment
- Determine best video and sound for assigned segments to tell the story
- Communicate daily development of segments to senior producers and executive producer
- Pitch story ideas
- Participate in daily staff editorial and production meetings
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.) preferably in politics or political journalism
• Must have at least 3 years in both tape and desktop editing
• Thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing and able to work weekends, flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles, research, and plan segments
• Ability to work with graphics and video elements
• Prior experience covering the Presidential election cycles
• Back-up line producer
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.