This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the digital evolution of NBC News, one of the world’s best known and most trusted news organizations. You will work alongside fellow inspired developers in a fast paced environment using technologies like Node, Webpack, React and GraphQL to help shape the future of digital news.Responsibilities
- Work on the React.js codebases supporting Apply, Apply, and Apply
- Build out GraphQL queries to consume data for all web properties
- Implement beautiful UX for engaging news storytelling
- Build innovative commerce solutions for NBC news brands
- Monetize our audience traffic
- Optimize sites across an array of web-capable devices, browsers and experiences
- Automate front end testing to ship the highest quality experience for our audience
• Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
• Experience with popular libraries that are commonly used with React.js such as Redux, React Router, React Helmet
• Experience writing automated tests for React components
• Extremely comfortable with HTML and CSS
• Experience configuring a frontend build system (Webpack, Gulp, Parcel)
• Experience with version control
• Understanding of SEO best practices
• 5+ years experience in software development or related field(s)
• 3+ years recent experience with React.js
This position is based in New York City and will report to the Director of Engineering.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.