ResponsibilitiesHere’s how to tell if you’re who we’re looking for:
Your Day to Day Includes
- You consider yourself to be top talent.
- You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
- You get excited about collaborating with team members to produce results.
- You deliver high quality, production ready coding.
- You’re not the person who waits for others to come up with solutions. You are the solution.
- You’re interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning!
- Work closely with the product, design, third-party providers, vendors and the services teams to convert ideas to reality while managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Understand and share the big picture with the developers on the team
- Create technical documentation and keep it current
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with the team to ship new features quickly
- Help improve code quality, unit test scripts and code coverage
•BS degree or higher in computer science with 7+ years of broad engineering experience
•Extensive experience in developing, deploying and supporting complex iOS applications
•Expert knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
•Experience with code coverage and unit testing tools like Specta, Expecta, OCMock etc.
•Expert knowledge of XCode/AppCode IDE, build and distribution processes
•Expert knowledge of dependency managers such as Cocoapods
•Experience integrating with APNS
•Experience working with analytics tools like Omniture, Comscore, Parse.ly etc.
•Expert knowledge of Restful services
•Expert knowledge of building responsive user experiences across phones and tablets
•Expertise in performance, scalability, security, architecture, and engineering best practices
•Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest in emerging technologies/trends on mobile platforms
•Experience engineering video centric products with knowledge of multi-bitrate streaming and casting
•Experience integrating with third-party libraries such as video and display advertising
•Experience implementing in-app purchase would be nice to have
•Experience implementing personalization solutions would be nice to have
•Experience providing guidance and oversight to the developers on the team
•Must be able to work onsite at CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. A van service is available for employees commuting from New York City and New Jersey (Jersey city and others).
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment
•Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
•Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through, exhibiting ownership, and delivering on responsibilities
•Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team.
The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking a senior developer to develop and manage CNBC’s flagship iOS app ( Apply
?mt=8). The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery
•Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
•Fitness & Health Programs
•Universal Park Tickets and Discounts
•Company Wide Discounts
•Active investment in skill-building and growth
•Volunteer Opportunities and many more!
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.