Opportunity Overview SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games specializes in high quality console and mobile games for our flagship IPs, Mortal Kombat and Injustice. The mobile development team focuses on pushing the edge of mobile gaming tech. Netherrealm provides a true gaming culture work environment focused on creativity and quality.
Candidates must be able to work proactively with high level goals from the Lead Designer while also being adept at communicating with other disciplines. This position requires knowledge and experience of live mobile game development, especially in the area of live ops for mobile games with 3+ year life cycles. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with other disciplines such as Product Management to tune systems using both hard data from metrics and also feedback from players & community.
- Follow through after the game’s initial launch by expanding on the game’s content and systems with live development.
- Become a knowledge source for both designers and other disciplines. Be a mentor for best practices within the mobile industry.
- Support Netherrealm’s quality standards for all our games, both mobile & console.
- Develop and maintain character and gear progression / growth systems data and documentation.
- Implement progression / growth systems data in engine and on servers.
- Create and maintain a process for integrating data from live servers and tuning the living data based on metrics.
- Work with Product Management on game Live Ops.
- Mentor junior designers.
- Development experience with a successful top tier mobile or social game.
- 5+ years in the overall gaming industry; 3+ in mobile or social gaming.
- Deep understanding of the mobile gaming industry, trends, best practices, and standards.
- Expert at using Excel and other spreadsheets.
- Experience with UE3 or UE4 preferred but not required.
- Development experience on console titles preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable about the mobile audience and user base.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must work daily with other designers and communicate effectively.
- Must be collaborative on tasks and accept input/criticism productively.
- Must be highly proactive in finishing out tasks.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.